Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Babes Haven Got To Do With It

I paid a brief visit to a motor show and as with all similar shows around the world there were slinky, sexy, seductresses lying on top, in and around the metal beauties.

There they are, slithering next to the cars handing out pamphlets, and strutting their little bums in tight little panties with tops that either show loads of cleavage or are too tight to hold back creases and protrusions from their.... you know the uh, well you get my meaning right?

And so we ask ourselves that ever prevailing life question: WHAT’S GORGEOUS GALS GOT TO DO WITH MOTORCAR MARKETING?

Not much really. Except for that "association with". Let me elaborate - most guys would think that a nice car makes up for the lack of personality, looks, character, sense of humour and thus, owning a nice piece of motor metal would get him a sexy babe.

And don’t get me wrong as I enjoy looking at beautiful bodies as much as the next guy (yes, contrary to popular belief, I am NOT gay) but, when it comes to buying cars well, that’s just not a catch that’s going to make me part with my cash.

The "beautiful babes + brooom-broooms" blend is cliché and in my humble opinion, downright chauvinistic and sexist.

Besides, its lousy marketing

Before you get cajoled into signing your certificate of entitlement by a buxom babe, ask yourself these questions:
1. Why do you need this car?
2. What do you want from this car model? Isn't the current one good enough?
3. What drives you (pun not intended) to purchase this?

Give me a RAV 4 anytime!

No comments: