Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mr Tickled

Today my housemate reminded me of an incident that had me laughing so hard our very extremely talkative African Grey Parrot actually shut up for a moment in horror. Mica, our German Sherpard, started whimpering and Ruth, our housekeeper actually asked my housemate in jest if she should call for an ambulance take me to IMH.

We’d all gone to WOMAD (World of Music and Dance) on Saturday and during the interval my housemate and her fiancĂ© skipped up to listen to a Scottish band. Her fiancĂ©, who is a a bit of a klutz, started jumping up and down, having a whale of a time dancing and pounding his head to the rhythm. He gestured for my housemate to come close to join in his "tribal" dance.

Without warning he suddenly slammed his pearly white enamels into my housemates forehead and sent her stumbling several feet backwards. And get this, the impact was so great that it she lost her balance and almost fell. However, he never skipped a beat and carried on pounding to the music. After a few seconds, he grinned at her and apologized, “Oh, honey, I’m so sorry…you okay…I’m so sorry."

For a moment, I thought he must be on some illegal substance to NOT feel the impact of having knocked into someone's head!

Then, I felt so tickled I started to laugh NON STOP. The image just tore me to bits. Can you imagine how funny that sight must have been?

No comments: